The Servant Center
Our mission is to empower the homeless and disabled, particularly veterans, to become independent and contributing members of our community through housing, healthcare, and restorative services.
Thank you for coming to The Servant Center Human Race 2020 fundraiser page! Our agency has been proudly serving the homeless and disabled, particularly veterans in our community for 27 years! We started as a servant leadership program with volunteer church members working with those experiencing homelessness apply for SSI/SSDI benefits. Over the years we have expanded into several programs to meet numerous gaps of service. These programs are:
- Servant House- a 21 bed transitional housing facility (homeless shelter)
- Glenwood/Haworth- On site low income housing (17 apartments)
- Disability Services (helping those who are eligible in Guilford county apply for SSI/SSDI benefits)
- Fast track- Rapid rehousing program for Veterans and those waiting on VA benefits and or SSI/SSDI income. Providing temporary financial assistance as well as housing stability services
- The Servant Center is the lead Agency in the AmeriCorps Partnership to end homelessness program. This helps us to provide support for other organizations with a common goal of ending homelessness.
As an essential business during COVID-19 we are still operating in new ways that honor the safety on of our hard-working staff as we continue to serve our clients! Thank you for your support! We will "see you" June 20th!
For questions contact:
Lucy Acosta, Director of Marking and Development
336.275.8585 ext 401
Check out our website!
See our news story on Spectrum News NC to learn more about how COVID-19 is impacting our agency
View our interview with Human Race Coordinator, Jordan: